Monday, August 20, 2012

sorted. but not. but sorted.

HUJAMBO! I'm from Swahili! Did you forget?! Hahah, no I'm just kidding. Though I do love languages though as you may have noticed. Okay, time to get straight to it because a lot of things have happened these past two days that I have found necessary to blog about. :)

Okeydoke, yesterday I went to the Melbourne Uni Open Day which was really really fun and helpful and now I know what degree I want to take, what subjects I might enjoy and my way around Melbourne Uni. :) I was planning to go by myself so I wouldn't get distracted but I met the lovely Kimmo (yes, the glitter and wanderlust one) and Nina, our friend from school and we decided to explore the uni together. I was very grateful to be able to meet up with them though because I don't think I would've enjoyed my day as much if they hadn't been there. :) (Thanks guys)! We walked around heaps and the most exciting things included getting a free mocha (they were amazing), free coffee samples, getting a photo taken with a bear (as shown below), looking at the reptile van, taking our photo with the 'grape with the orange guitar' (don't ask) and attending a creative writing lecture in which I was thinking "Tash should really be here right now." So I think I'm going to do a Science and Arts double degree so I can keep my options open and have my studies catered towards my interests and my hobbies. :)wooo I'm so glad I finally worked that out because now all I have to do is get the marks which means I finally have motivation to do well in school now. yay! :)

After a very helpful day at Melbourne Uni, Kimmo, Nina and I randomly met our friend, Van, and it turned out they were going to the same party. So after the girls did all their getting ready girly stuff for this party I wasn't invited to (i hate you hillary, just kidding, HOPE YOU HAD A FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY PARTY HILLARY AND I HELPED PICK OUT YOUR PRESENT SO I HOPE YOU LIKE THAT TOO! :)) On my way home, I bumped in to a guy setting up the soup van and asked him how I could get involved and so he told me that I can help him prepare the food next Sunday! WEEEEEE WOOOO I'M SO EXCITED. I'M FINALLY GETTING A JOB!! But not really since it's volunteer work but I couldn't be happier to help out! :)

MASTERCHEF ALL STARS:
I'M SO ECSTATIC, OVERJOYED, HAPPY JUST PROUD THAT CALLUM WON BECAUSE HE DESERVED IT SO MUCH AND HE'S SUCH AN ADORABLE PERSON AND AMAZING CHEF AND HE'S SO HUMBLE AND GENEROUS AND KIND AND CONSIDERATE BECAUSE HE BASICALLY GAVE HALF THE PRIZE MONEY TO CHRIS' CHARITY AND OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS CALLUM HANN!!! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF AUSTRALIA'S YOUTH BECAUSE YOU HAVE SHOWN US THAT YOUNG PEOPLE CAN ACCOMPLISH BIG THINGS TOO! CONGRATULATIONS CONGRATS CONGRATULATIONSIIESSSS!!!!!!!! :D :D

That was yesterday so now on to today! :)I had a really fun, relaxing, nice day out today as well. A couple of my friends and I were going to go to the city and explore little shops that we'd seen before but never had the chance to go in today but sadly, half of them couldn't make it. :( Instead, Ellen and Tash and I went to Readings to use our book vouchers we had received from school last year. We spent probably around an hour or so in Readings and Tash eventually bought three Greek Mythology books (no one saw that coming), Ellen bought a book about making chocolate (again, surprise surprise) and I bought 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I finished the Sherlock TV series with Benedict Cumberbatch a while back and I loved it so I decided to give the books a try. :) I'm quite excited to read it actually. After our nerdy book-buying session, we went to Brunetti's and drank mochas like sophisticated ladies. (HAHAHHA, NO NOT REALLY) We then walked all the way home and stopped at the McDonald's in the hospital and looked at meerkats and ate stuff and chatted as Natasha was engrossed in her book. It actually does sound really awesome so far going off what she's told me about it. :D She'll probably blog about it later to(night/day). We then go to my house and we were going to watch "Nightmare Before Christmas" but Tash was still engrossed in her book, Ellen wanted to play piano and I was yelling at Michelle for the reason I will blog about a little bit later so we decided we'd watch it another time. :)

Today I had a mental breakdown. I'm actually not even exaggerating, I know I do that a lot but this time I'm not. Rightio, so here's how it all went. We got home and then I checked my twitter and realised ONE OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS IS GOING TO BE LEAVING TO ANOTHER SCHOOL AT THE END OF THE YEAR. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO NOOOODFJDJFHSDFNDKJFHBADSHFBDSJFBDS. I was basically swearing at the world and spammed her on every social network site she had access too and called her and yelled at her like some crazy person. But to be completely honest, I'm really really really happy for her because I remember when she didn't get into this school in year 8 when she tried out for it, she came to school crying her poor little eyes and she was devastated for about a week. And now she's finally done it! She got in! And as a friend, I have to be supportive and caring and considerate and I have to let her go because I love her to bits. OH god, I'm going to be a mess at the end of the year. An absolute sobbing, weeping, crying, howling mess. But Michelle, if you read this, I'M SERIOUSLY OVERJOYED THAT YOU'RE FINALLY GOING TO GO TO YOUR DREAM SCHOOL AND I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU AND THAT I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU! :) <3 :=":" p="p">
Okay, so now all that is done, I have to go and wash the dishes and I might blog later about whatever I can think about. :) Bye, you gorgeous examples of homosapiens!

MAARY.


2 comments:

  1. Mary, you show so much emotions in one blog for a homosapien.
    See what I did there? Eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually concerned. You hang out with me too much for your own good. And yes, I practically created what I see there. ;D

    ReplyDelete